Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Raising a fan

Braves and Red Sox. I spent the last two evenings tuning into the Braves and the Red Sox, one of my goals being simply to hear Atlanta fans out-fan the Boston transplants and tourists that invaded the Ted. Monday night, I was successful. Tuesday night, not so much. But both nights were nice in that spending some quality time w/ my little baby girl (12 weeks today) is a good excuse to relax and watch some ball. I wonder while I watch if she's going to care about sports when she grows up. So far, she's already watched more baseball, golf, and auto racing than the typical 12 week old. At least, she has experienced those sports on TV on some level--whether she's heard, seen, etc. She's not quite big enough to fit into her Braves outfit. Come football season, we have the perfect Falcons cheerleader outfit. The most important fall purchase will be the Georgia Bulldogs cheerleader outfit. We want to make sure that it is good, high quality Bulldog gear. Not sure why I care so much, but it's important to star them off right.

Regardless, while we watch, I try to point out the finer points of the sport we have on TV (as far as I know--I'm by no means an expert). Pretty soon, though, it'll probably be better for me to take her to see or maybe play some things a bit more myself. Don't want to train a couch potato, but someone who can experience the fun and the joy of being out in the middle of it.

No comments: